What is Hair Restoration
People are encountering hair loss and they are seeking for a cure. A lot of people try to disguise thinning hair by wearing hats, caps, wigs and scarves. They often try to hide the traces of hair loss in the public. Hair restoration is known to reverse the condition of hair loss. It helps others feel young and it boosts their confidence.
Hair Restoration Medications
There are different techniques in hair restoration and one of those is by medications. We use FDA-approved products that are designed for safety and efficacy.
There are 2 products that are favored by the FDA:
- Minoxidil is a topical agent that is available over-the –counter.
- Finasteride is a drug taken by mouth and is only available by prescription in the United States.
Supplemental estrogen may be helpful for women with hair loss due to hormonal imbalances. Corticosteroids can also help promote hair regrowth for some cases.
In choosing the most effective hair restoration medication, you need to be supervised by a specialist. This technique is often done in conjunction with hair transplantation or other surgical means.
Who can Benefit from Hair Restoration
People with hair loss may experience depression and are less enthusiastic to be involved in social interactions. Hair restoration is a good option to improve your self-esteem, self-confidence, and your overall quality of life.
Here are some conditions wherein you can benefit from hair restoration.
- Androgenic alopecia (patterned baldness)
- Presence of one or more bald circles on the scalp
- Traction alopecia cause by pulling at hair follicles
- Hair loss all over the head or on the entire body
- Hair loss that causes scars
- Diffuse thinning of the scalp that is due to hormonal imbalances or high level of stress
There are other hair restoration techniques such as hair transplant surgery, and the use of low level laser therapy (LLLT). It is important to find a qualified practitioner with proper training and experience if you are seeking hair restoration. Medical expertise is required for safe and effective results.